Frequently asked questions
Most frequent questions and answers surrounding concrete repair
Some common types of concrete repairs include:
- Crack repair: Filling and sealing cracks that have developed due to thermal expansion, shrinkage, or other factors.
- Surface repair: Addressing issues such as spalling, scaling, or delamination, which affect the outer layer of the concrete.
- Joint repair: Restoring the integrity of expansion and control joints to prevent water infiltration and maintain proper function.
- Structural repair: Strengthening and restoring the structural integrity of concrete elements that have experienced significant damage or deterioration.
- Slab leveling: Lifting and stabilizing sunken or uneven concrete slabs using methods like mudjacking or polyurethane foam injection.
Yes, the surface of concrete can be repaired. Various techniques can address surface issues, such as spalling, scaling, or delamination. Resurfacing is a common method used to repair the surface of concrete, which involves applying a thin layer of new concrete or a specialized concrete resurfacer over the existing surface. This process restores the appearance, functionality, and durability of the concrete surface.
Yes, it is possible to make old concrete look new again. Several methods can be employed to refresh the appearance of aged or weathered concrete surfaces, including:
- Cleaning and sealing: A thorough cleaning followed by the application of a high-quality sealer can significantly improve the appearance of old concrete and protect it from future damage.
- Resurfacing: Applying a thin layer of new concrete or a specialized concrete resurfacer over the existing surface can give it a fresh, new look.
- Staining or coloring: Applying concrete stains or dyes can add color and vibrancy to an old concrete surface, giving it a renewed appearance.
- Decorative overlays: Installing a decorative concrete overlay, such as stamped or textured patterns, can transform the appearance of an old concrete surface and create an entirely new aesthetic.